Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Seb's top trump

Before Coursework:                           After:



I think since my GCSE times I have improved just generally as a director and film maker, firstly in codes and conventions this year I was very careful to make sure that my Psychological thriller has key conventions of the genre, for example I specifically chose before even writing my script to film in a city and because of this I would say that my film because of this can be easily identified as a psycho-thriller due to the tall buildings and the passers by.
I love to take photographs and when looking back at my old photos this one inspired me to film in a city because there is something daunting about it.

I would say what primarily what forced me to improve my organization skills this year is my choice of location, due to filming in the city and not at school I couldn't film after school. this meant I had to get my actors and equipment all together in one place on weekends, at times this was difficult but I do feel it has improved my skills in the area of organization. Last year when I ended up with my finished project and really felt that my film did not look as good as it could have, after reflection I realized this was because I used minimal equipment, so this year I've decided to make a conscious effort to use as much equipment as I can. My decision to use a Gimble and a snorricam really taught me a lot about film making and overall improved my Camerawork, using these tools showed me how to film new shots like for example I learnt how to film a snorricam shot which communicated that my main character ''Casey'' is terrified of people, without learning how to do this my film will not have been as successful. 



Sadly I feel my editing and VFX skills did not improve this year as I did not try any new editing techniques from last year, I chose to use conventional continuity editing so did not have the opportunity to try something new for example something like a graphic match. I do think my film warranted VFX but it is something I should try next time, I used simple text in my film as I was inspired by a more simple and timeless style of opening titles of a psycho thriller.



My creative confidence has 100 percent changed this year because I was able to fully be in control of all decisions, last year we chose a storyline. This year I came up with my own story and all ideas came from my brain, obviously with help from inspirations. 

All together I am very proud of This work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film