Saturday, February 5, 2022

First shoots


                                        First shoot day






Today (29 January ) was my first shoot day, it was fun and we got some clips done, but as always the first shoot day is often quite difficult as we are still working everything out and trying to help the actors understand what's going on. But it was a great day and we were able to learn how to use the equipment well and practise and get some really difficult shots.

Me and my team met at raffles MRT and then went to this cafe to eat and get prepared for filming. I gave the costumes to my actors and showed them what and where we would be filming that day.


Shoot day 2 (6 February) :
The second shoot was far more successful as we were all more comfortable with the equipment and understood the work flow. This time I made sure that the team understood the storyboard and script. we were able to get over half of my planned shots and were able to complete filming my initial storyboard. 
from this experience I definitely learnt the importance of actors fully understanding a script and being familiar with equipment because it makes the experience of filming so much more effective. 


One obstacle we did however face on this day was the heavy Singapore rain. this meant we had to wait for extended periods of time to film which was very disrupting, but also we had to keep the camera equipment dry and safe which was challenging but we made it work and all camera equipment was unaffected. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film